Tara (pronounced 'Terra') has been teaching yoga since the year 2000 and training yoga teachers since 2011. Born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada she moved to Byron Bay, Australia in 1997. Where she attended her first yoga class and fell in love with yoga after Shavasana.
Tara's teachings incorporate the first limb of yoga, Ahimsa.
This is working with the body in a precise and compassionate way. “When you hold the asana a little longer and consciously breathe into that place of discomfort, layer by layer, breath by breath an unraveling occurs. A true letting go.” Says Tara.
Tara’s unique approach to teaching, soothing voice and compassionate manner reflect her deep knowledge of yoga. "She has a magical way of guiding you into deeper states of being and into the present moment."
Terrafirma Yoga is named after the sound of her first name. Terra also meaning Earth. The word firm in Sanskrit is sthira. One of Pantanajali's Yoga sutras is 'Sthira, Sukam, Asanam'. This translates as firm, happy, pose - a balance between effort and ease.
Based in the renowned surfing town and travel destination Byron Bay, Australia. Tara teaches all around Australia and the world when opportunities arise. She is currently a yoga teacher at Elements of Byron Resort, Gaia Retreat, Heart and Soul Health Clubs and Ananta Studio in Byron Bay, as well as running her own Yin Teacher Trainings and Yin Retreats.
TARA HAS COMPLETED 1000+ HRS OF TEACHER TRAINING
- Yin Yoga with Bernie Clark (Vancouver, Canada)
- Pre and Post Natal Yoga with Bliss Baby Yoga (Byron Bay, Australia)
- Yoga Therapy with Maria Kirsten (Byron Bay, Australia)
- Certificate IV including Yoga Nidra with Byron Yoga Centre
- Level 1 & 2 Purna Yoga with Byron Yoga Centre
- Embodyment Yoga Therapy with Rama Berch (Brisbane, Australia)
- Foundations of Svaroopa Yoga with Master Yoga Academy (La Jolla, California)
- Hatha Yoga Teacher Training with Master Yoga Academy (La Jolla, California)